It's still summer loves! No matter how many Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations you already see popping up. :) I'm still trying to seize the last bit of it, and my favorite part is getting to do all the things you love OUTSIDE, including yoga! With the amazing outdoor yoga pop-ups in the final month-ish of summer, I've been schlepping my mat around from place to place...so who knows what's growing on it! Not to mention, various buggies like to join in on the outdoor yoga fun...you are a perfect target while in downward dog...but who wants to smell like bug spray?!! Here's a quick little tutorial I wanted to share on a DIY yoga mat cleaner and bug repellant all-in-one...
DIY NATURE-MADE YOGA MAT CLEANER + BUG REPELLANT
(TIME: 5 MINS / COST: LESS THAN $15)
INGREDIENTS/WHAT YOU NEED:
- Glass spray bottle
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup alcohol-free witch hazel
- 7 drops Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- Add all ingredients to glass spray bottle
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed together
- To use, after each yoga sesh, spray front + back of mat and wipe with a towel
- To use, for bug repellant purposes, spray on body/clothing generously
Please do a test spot on mat and skin to make sure you don't have any skin sensitivities.