You love your Sea Babies...right?! Help take care of them so they can keep taking care of your gorgeous skin. Natural sea sponges are mildew resistant, with their antimicrobial properties, however, once a month it's nice to give them a little cleansing care. Here are 6 quick tips on caring for your natural sea facial and bath sponges:
1. Once a month, soak your bathing sponge in a cup of warm water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. This will help clean the sponge and maintain it's structure.
2. Rinse sponge after each use and allow to dry completely. A mesh bag works perfectly if available.
3. To prevent bacteria growth, disinfect your sponge by soaking in a cup a warm water with several drops of tea tree essential oil and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
4. Avoid twisting and "ringing" your natural sea sponge. Squeezing is OK. :)
5. Other Things to Avoid: boiling water, dryers, microwaves or bleach. This will drastically change the structure of your sponge.
6. Eventually, the edges of your sponges may fray with use. It's ok to trim these little frayed edges with scissors to freshen and help them last longer.